Wed, Jun 15|
5 Things Your Trans/GNC Teen Needs YOU To Know.
As the parent/caregiver of a trans /GNC tween or teen, you can feel caught between a rock and a hard place - between your desire to support & help your child and your feelings of overwhelm & uncertainty. Learn the 5 most important things your kid needs to best help them.
Time & Location
Jun 15, 2022, 7:00 PM
About the event
As the parent or caregiver of a transgender and gender non-conforming kiddo, you face challenges every day to keep them safe, not only from an unfriendly world, but safe from themselves. It’s easy to feel caught between a rock and a hard place - between your own feelings of overwhelm and uncertainty and your desire to support and help your child.
The temptation can be to “lean forward” toward your child. This can look like the following:
- Taking their behavior personally
- Walking on eggshells
- Asking them For certainty
- Wanting to rush their process
If any of the above resonates, you're invited to this 1 hour webinar where you’ll learn how to “lean back” into solid parent-centric principles that can guide you to the most effective parenting solutions to help both you and your child feel good.
During this class, the following issues will be included:
- dealing with difficult behaviors in a way that doesn't perpetuate them
- helping your child feel good about themselves while building trust
- sorting out typical childhood issues from gender issues
- learning to stop walking on eggshells
- balancing how to give your child agency with providing guidance & boundaries